We love pancakes. It is a simple and fun meal which we do not want to miss out on, even when we are on a diet. Here are some tips on how to indulge yourself while eating low-calorie!
Pancakes are like pasta: they are not fattening in themselves, it’s the filling that provides the bulk of the calories. In fact, pancakes are made from flour, milk and eggs. There is nothing high calorie about them, but here are some tips to further reduce the batter’s calorie content:
– Use semi-skimmed milk instead of whole milk
– Make the pancake batter with buckwheat flour. You won’t need any eggs and, if you wish, replace part of the milk with water. In addition, buckwheat is gluten-free, people who are sensitive or intolerant to gluten can eat it without any problems!
– Try the Energy Diet pancake recipe! Made with Energy Diet Bread Mix and its chocolate-hazelnut flavour spread, they have the advantage of being higher in protein and lower in carbohydrates than classic pancakes.
There’s no mystery to the calorie count: it all depends on what we put on our pancakes! Here are some suggestions that our waistline will appreciate:
– ½ slice of ham, 1 egg and a little grated Gruyère cheese
– ½ slice of salmon with a little cottage cheese, lemon juice and a few sprigs of dill
– A little crumbled tuna with a few slices of tomato
– Cooked vegetables: spinach with low fat cream, ratatouille, mushrooms, etc.
– Whole fruit or fruit coulis: apples, bananas, pears, peaches … with all kinds of spices: cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom, etc.
– A scoop of sorbet
– A little lemon juice with a teaspoon of sugar …
– And of course, the Energy Diet chocolate-hazelnut spread. You can also add fresh fruit … delicious!
Try our super quick and easy pancake recipe. To make 4 pancakes, mix 8 scoops of Energy Diet Bread, 200 ml of milk and 1 egg in a shaker, then cook the Energy Diet pancakes in a very hot non-stick pan. Ready to enjoy!
… and then?
To keep trim, simply avoid starchy foods at other meals during the day and eat light!